A lot of moons ago I once did a ‘How Much Is My Face Worth?‘ post. Back then this was quite a trendy thing to do and I thought it was really fun as well. But since then a lot has changed and recently it dawned on me that it might actually be a fun idea to do an updated version of this ‘How Much Is My Face Worth?’ thingy. So, a couple of days ago I was pretty pleased with the way my makeup looked so I decided to set up my camera, take some pictures and calculate how much my face of makeup is worth. So, if you’re interested to see whether or not I should seriously consider insuring my face, make sure you continue reading this post!
So, normally my makeup routine starts off with skincare. I have to say that skincare might be the biggest thing that has changed since my last ‘How Much Is My Face Worth?’. Back then I just used a couple of products and now I’m a bit more into really taking care of my skin before I put anything on top of it. So, let’s start off with skincare!
Skincare – €147,79
- Bioderma Crealine H20 Micellair Water – €18,45
- Biotherm Aquasource Deep Serum – €52,54
- Philosophy Purity Made Simple Moisturiser – €25,85
- Sarah Chapman Skinesis Eye Recovery – €50,95
Well, skincare is already a banger compared to last time. Last time my total on skincare was just €59,75. That’s a lot of money as well, but it has become much more. The main difference is in the brands I use. For example my eyes are really sensitive these days, so I can’t just use anything I want to moisture my eye area.
Okay, having said that, let’s move on to my base makeup.
Face makeup – €262,32
- Nars Pore & Shine Control Primer – €32,45
- Nars Velvet Matte Skin Tint – €39,45
- Essence Colour Correcting Liquid Concealer in Yellow – €2,59
- Dior Forever Undercover Concealer – €32,50
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder – €32,43
- Kevyn Aucoin The Sculpting Powder Light – €28
- Hourglass Ambient Lightning Blush in Mood Exposure – €42
- Urban Decay Afterglow 8-Hour Powder Highlighter in Sin – €24,95
- Urban Decay De-Slick Setting Spray – €27,95
Well that’s a lot of money as well. I just can’t believe that I have spent this much money on just my face. It’s actually a bit over the top to be honest. Last time my face makeup made up a total of €204,01, so the difference is not that shocking. The main difference between then and now is that I used to use a budget proof primer and concealer. What can I say, I just love luxury face makeup?
Moving on to the eye part of this post. On the eyes I don’t use that much product so I’m sure this part won’t be as crazy. So, let’s go!
Eye Makeup – €139,07
- Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil in 002 – €23,45
- Essence Lash Brow Gel – €1,99
- Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On And On Bronze – €10
- Nars x Erdem Eyeshadow Palette – €39
- Estée Lauder Sumptuous Infinite Mascara – €30
- Lancome Grandiose Mascara – €34,63
Well, that’s still a lot of money. Compared to last time, where my eye makeup made up a total of €91,82 I did go up a bit but not too much. The main difference is the fact that I now use two mascara’s and both are pretty expensive. I also use a much more expensive brow pencil now.
The last step in the routine is lips. I forgot to put on lipstick for these pictures, so I’m not sure whether it’s okay to include it anyway, but I’m doing it.
Lip makeup – €37
- Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in 54 Boy – €37
Last time the lipstick I used was a €19,50 lipstick from MAC so I did go up here as well, but not incredibly much. I do think that in terms of looks my Chanel lipstick does look way better than the MAC one ever did so that’s definitely a positive point.
All of this brings us to a total of a whopping €586,18! That’s just crazy! I do think that it’s super extra and not necessary at all, but I do have to say that I just love luxury makeup. My total from last time was €375,08 so I did go up €211,10 in those 2.5 years so that’s still a lot.
With that being said I think we’ve had enough time to be shocked about how much I spend on my face. In other words: that’s all for today. I hope you enjoyed reading today’s post and be sure to let me know how much (you think) your face is worth!