Back in the days when I just started makeup I didn’t know much about brow makeup. It was definitely not-done if you even filled in your brows so I didn’t really bother researching methods to do that. After a few years of doing makeup filling in your brows became more and more trendy. It started off with using pencil to fill them in and quickly brow powder became a popular thing too. Nowadays doing your brows is the most important thing ever. Everyone does it and so many people are so good at it now. Because brows are so important lots of brands have come up with lot of different products to do your brows with. Today I’m going to discuss 4 different ways and I’m going to tell you which one I like best. If you’re interested in finding out, make sure you continue reading!
Let’s start off with the product I started off with: brow pencil. I obviously didn’t start off with this gorgeous Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil. Nope, I actually started my brow journey with the Hema Eyebrow Pencil. I miserably failed at it the first few times and my mom was like: “Nicole, did you put something in your brows. I can see brown stripes”. Luckily I’m now way better at it then when I started off and nowadays I really enjoy using a pencil to fill in my brows.
- It’s quick
- You can create sharp lines
- It stays in place better than powder
- You have lots of control
- If you don’t do it right it will be very noticeable
- It’s less easy to correct than powder
- It can easily be too strong
Quickly after the brow pencil drama I started using brow powder. I started off with a little eyebrow kit by the brand Catrice and I used that for almost 3 years. It was way easier and it looked way more natural.
- It’s very natural
- It’s easy to work with
- It’s easy to correct if you make a mistake
- You can’t create very sharp lines with it
- It’s not as long lasting
Another product I ended up liking for doing my brows is brow gel. I started off using clear brow gel and quickly I switched to tinted brow gel. I personally never used it on its own, I always put it on top of another product. But if you want to you can definitely just use brow gel. It’s definitely an option.
- It’s super quick
- It looks really natural
- You can’t go wrong with it
- It sets your brow hairs in the right direction
- It’s very long lasting
- It’s not as defining
- It won’t get your brows to look as full
- It looks very, very natural
The last brow product I’m going to discuss in today’s post is a brow gel cream. This is one by Inglot but lot’s of other brands have them. Ever since Anastasia launched the Dip Brow Pomade gel creams like this one have been all the rage. I only recently started using it but I really, really like it!
Gel cream pro’s:
- It’s very defining
- It’s super long lasting
- It can look very natural but also very strong
- It looks very professional
- If you got the hang of it it can be really nice to work with
- You can get super sharp brows with it
- It kinda sets your brow hairs in the right direction
Gel cream con’s:
- It’s very easy to go overboard with
- It’s not super easy to work with
- If it does fade throughout the day it will look quite funky
Overall brow pencil and gel cream are my favourite ways to fill in my brows. I do really like powder to fill in the gabs every now and then or to get my brows to look a little more natural and I really like using gel to set everything. But my number one favourite is and will always be pencil and gel cream!
That was it for today’s post. I hope you enjoyed reading it and be sure to let me know product you prefer using for filling in your brows!